Among the popular range of printers, the Brother MFC-j480dw is a compact and handy printing device. You can print, copy, scan and fax all from the same printer. It uses a special color inkjet technology to print effectively at lower costs. Moreover, It has an automatic paper feeder and duplex printing system. Additionally, you can setup Brother MFC-j480dw for wireless use as well.
Easy Methods for Brother MFC-j480dw Wireless Setup
For most Brother printers, you can use the machine by connecting it to a wireless network. Thus, go through one of the methods provided below to set up your wireless printer.
Method 1: Use the Wireless Setup Wizard
The best way to wirelessly setup your Brother MFC-j480dw printer is by directly configuring it from your printer’s control panel. To do so, follow the instructions as given below.
- Firstly, turn on your printer and head over to its LCD Menu.
- Here, use the arrow keys to navigate around and select Network from the list of options. Thereafter, choose WLAN and launch the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Here, it will ask for confirmation to enable WLAN. Simply, choose Yes and it will start searching for nearby wireless connections to connect to.
- Next, select your Wi-Fi network from the list and tap on the “OK” button to connect to it. After that, enter its password and press the Ok button once again.
- Finally, complete the setup procedure and try to print a test page to check if it works or not.
If the wireless setup is successful, the LCD will show a “Connected” message. Next, press the “OK” button. If you didn’t see the “Connected” message this indicates that the setup is not completed. In that case, you need to check if you have chosen the correct Network or provided the correct password.
Method 2: Install the Driver
Another way to successfully establish a wireless connection is by installing the Printer driver software. You can do this either through the CD provided with the printer or by downloading it from the internet.
Thereafter, follow the steps below to complete the setup process.
- Insert the Installation CD or run the downloaded installer file. Thereafter, choose your printer’s model and click on Next.
- After that, choose Wireless Setup as Connection Type and continue with the setup process.
- Thereafter, connect the printer to your computer using a LAN or a USB cable. Then, follow the instructions as displayed.
- After that, it will search for available Wi-Fi networks. Choose your network from the list and enter its password.
- Now, tap on the “Finish” button to complete the installation process.
Finally, try to print a test page to check if you are able to print wirelessly or not. Moreover, you are free to disconnect the cable from your device after the setup process.
To conclude, you should be able to set up your Brother MFC-j480dw wirelessly by following the instructions provided above. Thus, you can print a test page to check whether it is working or not. In case it is not working, there must be an issue with the wireless setup. Thus, you may have to get in touch with the professionals to get it resolved.