The Brother MFC 8710dw printer is a popular printer that you can use to print, scan and copy documents easily. Moreover, it has a network adapter installed within the device. This means that you can use your printer wirelessly. Thus, you need to know how to set up your Brother MFC 8710DW printer wirelessly.
How to Set up Wireless Brother Printer MFC 8710DW
Here, we have provided some easy steps that you can follow for your Brother MFC 8710DW wireless setup. Make sure that you make a note of your router’s SSID and password beforehand. The SSID is simply the name of your Wi-Fi network. Thereafter, follow the steps given below carefully.
To begin with, connect the power cord to the printer and turn it on by pressing the Power button.
Thereafter, press the Menu or Settings button. After that, use the arrow keys to choose the provided options and select it by pressing the Ok button. Hence, navigate to Network > WLAN > Wireless Setup Wizard.
After the above steps, you will see a prompt to ‘WLAN Enable?’. Here, choose the Yes option to enable the wireless network of your printer. After doing so, the machine will start looking for an available network.
Now, you will see a list of all the available Networks you can connect to. Therefore, navigate and select your router’s SSID from the list of options. Thereafter, enter the password of your network and complete the connection process.
Finally, the Brother MFC 8710dw printer will be successfully connected to your wireless network. Thus, your printer will display a green LED light to indicate that it is wirelessly connected to your Wi-Fi.
Install the Printer Driver Software
Once the above settings have been configured, all you need to do is to install the printer driver. This is available both online and in the form of CDs that come along with the printer itself. Therefore, follow the instructions provided below to do so.
- Run the Printer Driver CD or the downloaded installer file from the Internet. Thereafter, choose Brother MFC 8710dw printer from the list of options and click on Next.
- Here, choose Wireless Connection and then select Peer to Peer from the next window.
- Now, follow the instructions until it asks you to connect your printer through a cable. Thus, select the mode you’re connecting and connect your printer with a USB or LAN cable.
- Thereafter, follow the instructions and wait for the setup process to be completed.
- Finally, restart both your computer and printer. Next, print a test page to check if you are able to use the printer wirelessly or not.
To conclude, you will be able to perform a brother MFC 8710dw wireless setup if you have gone through the steps provided above. Make sure that your printer is turned on and it’s green LED is blinking. This will indicate that it has successfully connected to your wireless router.