Brother Printer is one of the most popular printers among users. The Brother Control Center is a software that comes with a Brother printer. This software provides easy and quick access to device functions such as printing, copying, and PC-FAX directly from your computer. You can also configure device settings from your computer using this software. With its complete features, it has some technical glitches as well. Brother printer receiving data slow is one of the most common issues that most of the users have encountered while printing the documents, files, etc. Generally, this issue appears when there is a problem with the internet connection.
Most of the Brother printer users have reported they want to resolve the Brother printer control center problem on their device. If you are one of them, then go through this article carefully. Several methods are elaborated here to eliminate this problem. After performing one or all the methods, you can quickly get rid of this problem from your Brother printer device.
Causes of Brother Printer Slow Receiving Data Problem
We have listed some of the common causes of the Brother printer slow receiving data problem.
- Incomplete installation of Brother printer driver can be the reasons for this issue.
- If any third-party antivirus is installed on your system, then you may face this problem.
- An outdated Firmware or a loose connection of cables can also cause the Brother printer stuck on receiving data problem.
In the section below, you can see the troubleshooting process to fix this problem on your device.
Know the Solutions of Brother Printer Slow Receiving Data Problem
Now, we are going to discuss some easy and quick methods that can help you to fix the Brother printer slow receiving data problem. Let’s take a look at the section below:
Method 1 – Restart the Printer
When you see this problem, you can simply restart your Brother printer. To do that:
- Press the Power button to completely turn off the printer.
- Wait for a few seconds and then turn it on by pressing the Power button again.
Method 2 – Check the Driver Settings
Sometimes, due to some issue with driver settings, you can face this problem on the printer. So, to resolve, you have to modify the driver settings on the printer. To do so follow the steps given below:
- First, click on the Start Home button, select Control Panel and then hit the Enter button. Alternately, press the Windows Home button along with the R key to open the Run dialog box, type Control Panel and then press the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- In the Control Panel window, locate the Hardware and Sound tab, select it. Then navigate to the Device and Printers section.
- In that section, you can check if the printer is on the list or not. If not, then the printer driver is not properly installed on the system. Or, if you see that the Brother Printer is on the list, then set it as the default.
- Next, you need to check the status and ensure that it is not offline or paused.
- Then right-click on the Brother printer name to open the list and then select the ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- Click on the Printer and then choose ‘Pause Printing’ or ‘Use Printer Offline’ and then unmark the option.
- Then, click on ‘Open as Administrator’ and enter the password and then press the OK option.
- Next, you need to remove all the print queue.
- Then, right-click on the Brother printer name again to launch the list and click on the ‘See What’s printing’ option.
- Next, navigate to the Printer, click on ‘Cancel all Documents’ and then click on the Yes option.
- After doing this, right-click on the printer name again and choose the Properties option from that list.
- In the Properties window, click on the Parts to select the correct ports.
- Once you have done these, restart your device and then check whether the problem is fixed or not.
Method 3 – Reinstall the Brother Printer
If the Brother printer is not properly installed on the system, then you may face the Brother printer slow receiving data problem. So you have to properly install it. To do that, follow the steps hereunder:
- Press the Windows Home Button and X key to open the Menu list. Select Settings.
- In the Settings window, go to the Apps and Programs section.
- From that tab, right click on the Brother printer to open the menu list.
- Click on the Uninstall option. Now you will find the uninstallation process has started.
- Once it is done, restart your device.
- After restarting your device, download and reinstall the printer driver from the official website of Brother printer. To complete the installation process, follow the onscreen instructions carefully. After installing this driver, restart the system and then check if the Brother printer works properly without any problem.
Method 4 – Detach and Reattach USB Cable
If the previous methods do not fix the Brother printer not responding problem then you can try this method on your device. Follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- First, switch off the printer and the system.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and your PC as well.
- Then clean the ports properly and ensure that there is no dust.
- Now reconnect the cables to the printer and system.
- After connecting the cables, switch on the printer and try a test print to check if the problem still appears or not.
Method 5 – Update the Firmware
An alternative method that you can apply on the system to resolve the Brother printer stuck on receiving data problem is by updating the firmware. You need to update the firmware properly. To update the firmware, follow these directions carefully:
- You must turn on the printer and connect to the internet.
- Then Log in to the computer. Then visit the brother printer official website and search for the Firmware. Select it.
- If the Firmware update is available, then download the file in your machine.
- Click on the Update option.
- Once the update process is complete, restart the system. After doing this, if the problem still appears then you can move to the next fix.
Method 6 – Uninstall the Third-Party Antivirus Application
When you see this problem on your screen, you have to uninstall the third-party antivirus application from the system. To do so, follow the directions given below:
- Press the Windows Home button along with the S key to open the Search box, type Control Panel and then hit the Enter button on your keyboard.
- From the Control Panel window, double click on the Programs and Features tab.
- In that tab, scroll down the page and find the third-party antivirus application. Click on it.
- Then click on the Uninstall option.
- Once it finishes, restart the system and the device as well.
Method 7 – Check the Internet Connection
This is another easy and effective method that can help you to overcome the Brother printer slow receiving data problem. All you need to do is to check whether the devices are properly connected via a strong internet connection or not. If you are using the Ethernet cable then disconnect the cable and connect it again. Or, if you are using the Wi-Fi, then disconnect the Wi-Fi connection reconnect it and then you can check whether the problem is fixed.
Now, you can easily resolve the Brother printer slow receiving data problem on your device. We presume the content have been able to tell you which methods you should consider resorting to if you have to get rid of the sticky tech issue. Apply them and make a difference in the situation you are in. In case you face this problem again then you can get help from an expert.