One of the most common and serious problems almost all Brother printer users face is the Brother printer not showing up on network. It is suffered by Brother printer users if their wireless printers are not recognized by their computers and are not displayed on Brother ControlCenter, even though the PC and printer are connected wirelessly. So, the users cannot scan, print, or copy because the computer cannot communicate with the printer, making the printer completely unusable.
In such cases, the user will receive an error message reading “Brother printer not detected in control center.” This problem can be caused by a corrupted registry key, or a security problem, that may shoot up after a Windows update. Sometimes, this problem appears if the Brother printer driver is not properly installed on the system. If you are also facing this problem and want to solve this issue then this article will help you. Here, you will get to know the various processes that can help you resolve the problem on your device.
Resolve the Brother Printer Not Showing Up On Network Problem with Simple Processes
In the section below, we have provided some easy and effective processes so that you can apply them on your device to resolve the Brother printer not showing up on network problem.
Process 1 – Clear all Twain, Twunk and .mtx files in the Temp folder
When you see this problem on your screen, you have to clean all the temp folder from the system. To do that, follow the directions mentioned below:
- Press the Windows Home button and R key to launch the Run dialog box, type %temp% and then press the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- Now you can find and remove all the files in the Temp folder that have the terms twain or twunk in their names or have .mtx as their file extension.
- Once you have removed all those files, reboot the system and then check whether your Brother printer works properly.
Process 2 – Reinstall the Brother Printer
If the Brother printer is not accurately installed on the system, then you may face the Brother printer not found on network problem. So you need to properly install it. Follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- Go to Control Panel> Programs and Features, right-click on the Brother printer and select Uninstall.
- Now in the next window, you will see the system will ask if you are sure you want to remove this software. Click on the Yes option.
- Then click on the OK option. Now, you should see the un-installation process has started.
- Once it is uninstalled, select ‘Yes, I want to restart my computer now’. Click on the Finish option.
- After restarting your device, download the printer driver again from the official website of Brother printer. Once the download is finished, install it. To complete the installation process, follow the onscreen directions carefully. After installing this driver, restart the system and check if the Brother printer works properly without any problem.
Process 3 – By Using the Command Prompt
By using the Command Prompt you can fix the Brother printer not found on network problem on your device. Sometimes, running a full scan of your system can resolve several problems that you face. To complete this process follow the steps cited below:
- Type cmd in the Search Panel, right click on Command Prompt from the search results and select the Run as Administrator option.
- In the Command Prompt window, write SFC/scannow command to run this and then hit the Enter button.
- Once it is executed, restart your device.
Process 4 – Check the Brother Printer Connection
An alternative process that you can use to resolve the Brother printer not showing up on the network is to check the Brother printer connection. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, you need to disconnect all the cables from the printer and the system.
- Wait for some time and then reconnect all the cables with the printer and the system.
Process 5 – Uninstall the Third-Party Antivirus
If the previous methods do not help you to resolve the Brother printer not found on network problem, then you can use this process to get rid of this problem on your device. To complete this process, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press the Windows Home Button and I key to open the Settings window.
- When the Settings window opens, double click on the Apps and Programs section.
- From that tab, find the Third-Party antivirus application, right click on it to open the menu list.
- Click on the Uninstall option. Now you can see the uninstallation process has started.
- Once it completes, reboot your device.
Process 6 – Reset the Brother Printer Network Card
By resetting the Brother printer network card, you can resolve the Brother printer not detected in control center problem on your device. Follow the undermentioned directions carefully to learn how you can do that:
- Press the MENU, 7 (Network), 0 (Network Reset), 1 (Reset), 1 (Yes). Now the printer ’s network will be reset.
- Once it is done, wait for a few minutes for the printer to acquire a network IP address.
Process 7 – Check the IP address of your Brother printer
You can also use this process to get rid of the Brother printer not showing up on network problem from the system. Follow the steps here under:
- From the Brother Printer, you need to press the Menu option to launch the list.
- In the menu list, choose the Print Reports option.
- Then select the Network Config option and then click on the OK option.
- Next, you have to press the ‘Black (Mono) Start’ or ‘Color Start’ or ‘Start’
- Press the Exit option.
Process 9 – Update the Drivers
If you do not update the drivers properly then you can see this issue on the system. So, you have to update the driver perfectly. To update the driver follow these directions:
- Go to the Search box, type Device manager and then hit the Enter button. Alternately, press the Win Home button + R key to launch the Run dialog box, type Device Manager and then press the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- From the Device Manager window, find the driver and right click on it.
- Select the Update Software Driver option.
- If the update is available, then click on the Update option.
- Once it is completed, restart the system.
Hope, the above process will help you to get rid of the situation with ease and you will be able to resolve the problem of Brother printer not showing up on network on your device. Now, you can try one or all the solutions to solve this problem in the soonest.