Brother printer code 45 is an annoying issue that most of the Brother printer users reportedly face on a daily basis. Usually, this kind of error occurs due to faulty hardware. It prevents users from performing a hassle-free printing session. In these situations, we recommend you to go through this article carefully. Here, we are enlisting all the possible fixes which can help you to get rid of this Brother printer error.
Probable Causes of Brother Printer Code 45
Knowing the causes of the problem helps to eradicate the issue at a fast pace. So here are some of the causes of the Brother Printer code 45:
- Hardware issue
- Spooler Service not running
- Outdated Printer Drivers
- Malware infection
- Driver conflict after installing new hardware
Major Indication of Brother Printer Code 45
Here, we have enlisted a few major indicators of code 45 that you might face. So, take a look below:
- The DVD drive is not connected to the computer
- When the error strikes to your device, the error message says that ‘Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45)’.
- The printing session becomes slow.
- Paper jam issue
Now, let’s move on to the troubleshooting section. Just follow the below-mentioned instructions according to the given order.
Easy Methods to Fix Brother Printer Code 45
Here, in this section, we have mentioned some proven methods for fixing this issue. So, check them out:
Solution 1: Run CHKDSK on the Hard Drive
CHKDSK utility has the capability of checking and resolving any hard disk corruption. If an erroneous hard disk causes this problem, you need to run CHKDSK on the hard drive. To do so, follow the below-mentioned instruction:
- First of all, open the Start Menu.
- Then, type ‘cmd’ in the Run box and click on it.
- Click on ‘Run as Administrator’.
- Now, open Command Prompt and hit the Enter key.
- After that, type ‘Y’ into the Command Prompt and click on Enter to save the changes.
- Then, close the window and reboot your computer.
- Wait for some time to complete the procedure and check if the problem still appears or not.
Solution 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
To run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, you need to follow the steps below:
- At first, click on the Start button to open the Search pane and type ‘Troubleshooting’ there.
- Then, click on Troubleshooting, and in the window that opens, select ‘Hardware and Sound’.
- Now, choose ‘Hadrware and Devices’.
- When the troubleshooting wizard appears, click on ‘Next’
- Follow the pop-up instructions and to complete the process. Now, check whether the error is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Create a System Restore Point on your Windows PC
To create a system restore point on your Windows PC, you can follow the steps instructed below:
- First of all, go to the Start menu.
- Select ‘System Restore’ and open it.
- After that, click on the “Recommended Settings” or ‘Select a restore point‘ option.
- Now, click on the Next option.
- Then, follow the Wizard and close all the tabs.
If you are unable to do a restore by applying these steps, follow the guidelines below:
- Go to the Start menu and select ‘System Properties’.
- After that, click to the ‘System Protection’ option there.
- Now, click on the ‘System Restore’ option and choose ‘Create a Restore point’.
- After completing the process, close the tab and check if the issue is fixed or not.
Solution 4: Update the Drivers of the Brother Printer
Furthermore, you can resolve such issue by updating the drivers of your Brother printer. To perform this, go through the below guidelines:
- First of all, press and hold the Windows Logo key and R key to open a Run dialog box.
- Then, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ there and hit the Enter key. This will open the Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager window, select and click on the affected hardware device drivers.
- Now, click on the ‘Update Driver Software’ option.
- After that, choose ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ and wait for sometimes.
- If an update is available, Windows will download it automatically and then install it.
- At last, close the Device Manager tab and reboot your Windows PC. Then, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Check the Brother Printer Connection
To check the Brother printer connection, you can follow the steps instructed below:
- First of all, boot your PC and click on the Start button.
- When the Start menu appears, click on ‘Devices and Printers’.
- When a window appears, click on the ‘Printers and Faxes’ option.
- Make sure that your Brother printer name is present there. If not, your Brother printer is not connected to your PC.
- Also, make sure that all the cords are working and are in good condition.
- After completing these steps, if the problem is still not resolved, then you can check out the next hack.
Solution 6: Unplug and then Plug in your Brother Printer
This hack is the most basic of all hacks and that is to unplug and then replug the Brother printer. For the detailed guidance follow the steps given below:
- Turn off your Brother Printer and remove all the power cables from it.
- Now, remove the power cable from the wall socket.
- Wait for a while and plug in all the power cords to the wall socket.
- After that, you have to plug in the power cord to the back of the printer.
- Then, the Brother printer will be turned on automatically. If not, then press the power button of your Brother printer and turn it on.
- Finally, check if this issue persists or not. If the issue still persists, then proceed to the next hack mentioned below.
Solution 7: Make Changes to your Brother Printer Settings
In this hack, you can make the necessary changes to the settings of your Brother printer. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Start option.
- When the Start menu appears, you have to select the ‘Devices and Printers’ option from the list on the right side.
- When you find your Brother printer option, then you have to right-click on it.
- Now, from the list of options, select the ‘Printing Preferences’ option.
- When a new window appears, go to the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Next, a new additional window will open where you will see a list of settings. Make the necessary changes that you want to make.
- Lastly, click on the Save option and choose OK to save all the changes.
- Now, check if the error still appears or not. If it’s still not resolved, go through the next method.
Solution 8: Run the SFC Scan
If none of the above methods work to resolve this issue, then you need to run the System File Checker in a proper way. This tool helps you to fix the corrupted ‘.dll’ file. Follow the below guidelines:
- Click and hold the Windows logo and X both at the same time.
- Then, select ‘Command Prompt’.
- When a permission dialogue box appears, click on the OK option.
- Type ‘sfc/scannow’ in the Command Prompt section and hit the Enter key.
Solution 9: Run a Full Scan of your Windows
The last thing is to run a full scan of the Windows Operating System. Just go through these steps:
- At first, go to the Start menu.
- Search for the ‘Microsoft Security Essentials’ option there and click on it.
- When a pop-up window opens there, check the ‘Full‘ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Scan Now‘ option to scan carefully.
- After completing scanning, close all the tabs.
- Finally, check if the problem resolves or not.
So, we have arrived at the end of the article. Follow each and every step without a miss if you want to resolve the Brother printer code 45 issue at the earliest. If you have any feedback for us, then you can mention that in the comments section below.