The Brother HL-3140CW is a compact and easy-to-use printer that is perfect for basic usage. It is efficient and can provide savings in terms of ink usage and energy consumption. Furthermore, it supports both wireless and wired connections. Thus, we will show how you can perform a Brother HL-3140CW wireless setup in the following section.
Step by Step Methods for Brother HL-3140CW Wireless Setup
Now we are going to discuss the exact steps that are needed to complete the wireless setup of your printer. Thus, go through each of the following steps very carefully.
Step 1 – Configuring Wireless Settings
First, you need to configure the wireless settings of your printer from its Control Panel. Thereafter, follow the instructions below to do so.
- First, turn on your printer and go to its LCD display. Here, press the Menu button from the panel.
- Now, use the Up/Down arrow keys to navigate and select the Network option from the list. You can select the option by pressing the Ok button.
- After that, find and select the WLAN option and again, press the OK button.
- Now, look for the Wireless Setup Wizard option and launch it by pressing Ok.
- After that, you will get a prompt with the “WLAN Enable?” message in it. Select the Yes option and continue with the setup process.
- Now, you will get to see a list of all the available wireless network access points that you can connect to. Find your router’s SSID and press the Ok button to continue.
- Finally, enter the password using the numpads and finish the setup process. Thereafter, go to the next step given below.
Step 2 – Install Printer Driver Software
After you have established a wireless connection on your printer, you need to install the printer driver software. Thus, go to the official website of Brother printer and search for the driver software for Brother HL-3140CW printer.
Next, follow the instructions below to complete the installation process.
- Run the installed file as an Administrator and choose your model of the printer from the list of options.
- After this, select ‘Wireless Connection’ and continue with the setup procedure. Now, take a USB or a LAN cable and connect your printer to the computer.
- Thereafter, choose the cable connection you used to connect the printer and carry on with the setup process.
- Now, similar to the previous Step, it will again search for available networks to connect to. Thus, select your router’s SSID and enter its password.
- Finally, finish the installation procedure and you will be able to start using your printer wirelessly.
Here, we have provided an easy step by step guide to help you perform a Brother HL-3140CW wireless setup. Hence, ensure that you have successfully followed all the instructions provided above. If you are unable to print wirelessly, then it might be your hardware’s fault or your own fault. Thus, you can contact Technical assistance in case you need some real-time help.