Brother DCP-L2540DW has a lot of different features to offer. Thus, it is necessary to properly set up this device to enjoy optimal performance. Accordingly, you can either set it up using a wired connection or a wireless connection. Hence, go through the following section to setup Brother DCP-L2540DW printer wirelessly.
How to Setup Brother DCP-L2540DW Wirelessly in a Few Easy Steps
In this section, we are going to list out the different methods to setup your wireless printer. Thus, read them carefully and execute these steps as instructed to complete the wireless setup in no time.
Method 1 – Using Printer’s Control Panel
The best way to setup your wireless Brother DCP-L2540DW printer is by using its control panel. Thus, go through the steps below to do so.
- Turn on your printer and go to its Menu. Here, use the arrow keys to navigate and select Network from the options. Thereafter, go and select WLAN.
- Here, launch the Wireless Setup Wizard and enable WLAN if prompted. Thus, choose Yes if a pop-up menu appears.
- Now, the printer will search for available wireless connections.
- Select your network from the list and connect to it by entering its Security Key.
- Finally, install the printer driver on your computer and try to print a test page wirelessly. Check if you are able to print over the network or not.
Method 2 – Using Printer Driver Software
Alternatively, you can setup your Brother DCP-L2540DW printer wirelessly through its printer driver software. All printers come with their own installation discs. If you cannot find it, you can easily download it from Brother’s official website.
Thereafter, follow the steps given below.
- Run the installer file for the Printer driver software. Next, choose your printer’s model from the list and click on Next.
- Here, choose the type of connection that you want to set up. In this case, choose Wireless Setup and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Thereafter, connect your printer to the computer using a USB cable or LAN cable. After that, connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network and enter its password. Follow the rest of the instructions to complete the installation process.
Finally, disconnect the cables from your computer and try to print a test page from your computer. Check if the green LED is turned on for a successful wireless connection.
Hopefully, you should be able to set up your Brother DCP-L2540DW printer over a wireless network by following the above steps. If you are having issues while doing the same, then you need to consult a professional technician to help you with the same. They will either do it for you or guide you through the process.