The Brother MFC-5895CW is an excellent color laserjet printer that can print up to 35 pages per minute. It is a fast and cost-effective printing device that can work either through a wired connection or wirelessly. Thus, you need to know the Brother mfc-5895cw wireless setup process.
Before you continue with the installation process, you should first follow some basic procedures. Therefore, unbox your printer and place it on a horizontal surface. Thereafter, unpack the drum unit and toner cartridge as well.
Now, place the drum unit and toner cartridges into the machine very carefully. Make sure that it is properly locked in its place. After that, close the front cover. Next, connect the power cord to an electric socket and turn it on by pressing the power button.
Brother MFC-5895CW Wireless Printer Setup: Step-By-Step Guide
Here, we have provided some easy methods to help you set up your wireless printer. Thus, go through these steps very carefully. Before that, make sure that you have noted down your network’s SSID and password.
Step 1 – Configure WLAN Settings from Printer’s Control Panel
For the first In the next step, you need to establish a connection between the router and the Brother machine.
- Go to your printer’s control panel and press the Menu button. Thereafter, choose the arrow keys to navigate the options and select the Network option by pressing the OK button.
- Thereafter, scroll the next menu and select the WLAN option. Again, press the OK button to open it. After that, scroll to the Wireless Setup Wizard and press the OK button.
- Here, the printer’s LCD screen will display a prompt asking to ‘WLAN Enable?’. Simply choose Yes and continue to the next screen.
- Now, the device will start scanning for available networks around it. From the list of SSIDs, choose your router’s name and press Ok button to select it.
- On the next window, enter your network’s password and press OK to complete the installation process. After this, head over to the next step to install the printer driver.
Step 2 – Install Printer Driver & Software Package
Now, you need to install the printer driver and its related components to complete the installation process. This can be easily done with the help of the installation CD which is usually provided with the printer. Alternatively, you can download it from Brother’s official website if you are unable to find the CD.
Thereafter, go through the steps mentioned below.
- Run the Setup file and then choose your printer’s model from the list. Some series of printers have the same printer driver. Therefore, select Brother MFC-5895CW from the list of options.
- In the next window, select Wireless Network Connection. Thereafter, check custom install and then click on the Next button at the wireless settings confirmation window. Check the checkbox to confirm the action.
- Now, choose the destination location window and click on the Next button. At the Select Program Folder window, check all the boxes and then move to the Select Features section. Keep the default selections and click the Next if you see an antivirus or firewall security warning message window and click on the OK or Next button to continue.
- At the network search type window, you will see a list of available wireless networks to connect to. Select the SSID that your previously connected on your printer and then enter its password.
- After that, click on Next and you should see a security window appears. It would indicate whether to trust your software or not. Simply click on yes and finish the installation process.
- Next, select Yes to the checkbox beside ‘I want to restart my computer now’ and click the Finish button.
- It is notable that you need to reconnect the network once Windows has restarted. Now, the printer’s driver is now successfully installed on your device. You should now be able to print wirelessly.
To conclude, you can successfully perform brother MFC-5895CW Wireless setup by following the instructions provided above. Thus, go through each step very carefully. If any step is wrongly done, then you will have to start over from the start.