You may not like those moments when you need to keep plugging the USB cable to print something using your printer. However, gone are those days when the quick printing process was a myth. It has become possible because of the evolution of several wireless printers that are available in the market. With a wireless printer, you get remote access to print, fax, and scan without attaching it physically with your system.
Whatsoever, if you are looking for how to connect your wireless Brother printer in Windows 10, then your search ends here. This guide will cover all the aspects to make your wireless Brother printer work fine in Windows 10. You will also get to know how you can set up and configure the sharing of printers and content using the Windows HomeGroup option.
Get Your Wireless Printer Connected With The Windows 10
At the time of connecting your Brother wireless printer, you might face several queries like what is the most appropriate way to connect it. Sometimes, your PC cannot locate the printer in the system. You might also face some troubles to set up the Default Printer. In this section, you are going to view all the solutions to such queries.
Connecting Your Printer
The process of connecting the printer in each version of Windows varies accordingly. Without delaying too much, let’s get into the process of adding a wireless printer in the Windows 10 PC.
At the very beginning of the process, open the Windows search by pressing the Start button and Q from the keyboard. After that, type ‘printer’ in the search box that appeared before you.
Next, select the Printers & Scanners from the appeared list and open it. Then, you have to turn on the Printer by pressing its power button.
Now, go to the WiFi settings and connect the PC to your preferred network. However, this step varies depending on the Manufacturer. But with Brother printer, you should get connected to the same network where your printer is connected.
Go to the Printers & Scanners section where you will find several options to proceed further. From the list of options, click on the ‘Add a printer or scanner’ which would again open a list in a new window.
You should get your printer placed on the list, what you have to do here is to click on Add Device button.
By following the steps as mentioned in the section above, you should not face any problem. But still, some users have reported that they can’t find their printers listed on the list. Don’t worry, if you are one of those users, then go through the following section where we have discussed them in detail.
Having Trouble In Connecting With Your Printer?
There might be several reasons why Windows is unable to locate the printer that you want to connect with your PC. In this section, we are going to discuss the various troubleshooting steps to rectify the errors. If the list automatically doesn’t update and show you the printer, then attempting manually to add it might help you.
- Follow the ‘Connecting Your Printer’ section till you reach at step 4 when it asks to ‘Add a printer or scanner’ on your computer. Here, click on the option that says something like ‘The printer that I want isn’t listed’ and which is located below the list of devices.
- After that, select ‘Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer’ option from the new window and then choose the connected printer.
Once you successfully follow the steps as mentioned above, the error will no longer stay in your system. If you are still facing the issue, you should ensure that both of your printer and PC are connected with the same network.
Change The Default Printer Settings In Your PC
Being a smart Operating System, Windows 10 will make an attempt to set the recently used printer as a default one. To do so, the system only checks one factor that what is the last printer that has been using the same internet connection. And after knowing that, it enables that specific printer to be automatically set as default one. Whenever you switch on another network and use another printer on it, the OS can remember it for future use.
So, you don’t have to worry about this setup process if you end up with a single WiFi connection. However, if you want to turn off this functionality, then it’s quite easy to do by following the steps as stated below.
- Press Windows Home button + Q to open the Windows Search box in your PC.
- Then, type ‘Printer’ and select Printers & Scanners from the appeared search results to open it.
- Turn the ‘Let Windows manage my default printer’ option to Off which you will find after scrolling down on the page.
- After that, select the printer you want to set as default from the list of different devices that are connected with your system.
- Next, click Manage which in turn will navigate you to the next page.
- Here, you have to select ‘Set as Default’ option from the two options that are available.
If you have followed the steps in a proper way, then you should be able to set your Brother printer as Default. Now, check if you have successfully done so. And the best way to do that is to print a document and check if there is your printer automatically selected. That’s also the end of the solution to your query of how to connect your wireless Brother printer in Windows 10 PC without any problem.
Easy Fixes To Troubleshoot The Connection Problem Of The Brother Wireless Printer With Windows 10
There might be a lot of reasons behind the connection issue of the printer with your Windows 10 PC. If you are still unable to connect your PC with the printer, then here you are going to know about the process of how to fix it.
Solution 1 – Check If You Have Installed The Printer Driver In Your System
Majority of the times, users face the connection problem because there is no driver installed in the PC of the particular printer. You can check whether you have installed the driver on your PC or not by going through the following section.
Open Control Panel by typing the same on the Windows Search Box. You already know how you can open the Windows Search box in Windows 10 PC from the above sections.
As the Control Panel opens, select ‘Large Icons’ from the View by option that appears at the top-right corner.
Now, go to the Device Manager option and open it to check if you have installed the printer’s driver in your PC.
If the driver of your printer is not listed on this section, then that means that there is no driver installed of your Brother printer. In such a case, you need to install the driver which you can find either on the CD that came with it or on the official website of Brother printers. Once you are done with the driver installation process, restart your PC. After a successful restart, check whether the issue persists in your PC.
Solution 2 – Disable The Network Firewall And Antivirus Program
Sometimes, you may face the issue if there is a problem caused by an Antivirus program or a Firewall. In such circumstances, make sure that you have disabled them temporarily and then check if that helps to rectify the error. The process to disable an antivirus program varies accordingly as per different manufacturers.
Moreover, disabling Windows Firewall is quite the same in all versions of Windows OS. In this section, we are going to discuss all the necessary steps to disable antivirus and Windows Firewall.
- Go to the bottom-right corner and select the tray icon to open what it contains.
- Inside the tray icons, you will find your antivirus program, right-click on it to proceed further.
- Here, you will find an option that will allow you to disable the antivirus for some moments or permanently. Click on your preferred choice and then click Yes to save all the changes that you performed.
Following these steps will help you disable the antivirus that you have installed on your system. After that, you need to check whether the issue exists or not. If it is still there, then try to turn off the Windows Firewall and fix the connection problem anymore.
- By following the above solution open the Control Panel and select the View by option to Large Icons.
- Now, from the bottom, select the Windows Firewall option to open it. And then, you will find multiple options on the left panel of the window.
- From this left panel, select ‘Turn Windows Firewall on or off’ option which will lead you to another window.
- In this window, you should see the option which asks to turn off the Windows Firewall in your PC. Select it and press the OK button to save all the changes that you have performed.
Following all these steps correctly means that you have successfully disabled the Windows Firewall in your PC. Now check if you are able to connect with your wireless Brother Printer. As the Firewall is off, so there should be nothing that can block the connection.
Related Post :- Brother Printer In Error State
Dial our Printer Support Number for Help +1 844-828-5593
To Wrap Things Up
Throughout the article, we have discussed different aspects of wireless printers and their connection with Windows PC. Here, you got to know the basic ways of how to connect your wireless Brother printer in Windows 10 if there is no problem with either of the PC or the printer. You even got familiar with some of the common errors in the connection process. Hope this writeup was able to help you to solve your query.