Users often come across certain problems while connecting their Brother HL-2270DW printer to WiFi. The wireless feature in the Brother printer enables you to print anything wirelessly from your PC. But, to enjoy the feature, you have to set up the wireless connection properly.
So, let’s discuss the entire procedure to connect your Brother printer to the wireless network.
Learn How to Connect Brother Printer to WiFi HL-2270DW
Before establishing a connection between the printer and your PC, some prerequisites are there to complete the setup. So, your device must have the network driver necessary to establish a wireless connection. In the below section, we will discuss how to configure the wireless set up and connect to the network.
The first thing that you need to check is whether the router or WLAN access point supports WPS (WiFi Protected Setup) or AOSS (AirStation One-Touch Secure System). Besides, there are certain things to be taken care of before establishing the connection between printer and WiFi.
- Set the physical components in order as per the printer’s manual.
- Connect the printer’s power cord to the socket after inspecting it.
- Collect all the router’s credentials like SSID, password, network name, etc.
- Place the Brother printer within the range of the wireless router.
- Make sure your PC and printer have connected to the same network.
After you verify all the requirements mentioned above, switch to the next section. Here, you will know how to connect the Brother printer to Wifi HL-2270DW.
Configure Wireless Settings for Brother HL-2270DW
In this section, we will guide you through the steps to configure the wireless settings in your Brother printer. But, before applying these steps, you should be aware of all the buttons and indicators on the printer. You can consider the information from the printer manufacturer’s guide book, which comes with the package.
- Turn on the printer and wait until it is ready to use further.
- Press the AOSS or WPS button on the router or WLAN Access point for a few seconds.
- Locate the wireless setup button placed at the back of the printer and hold it for at least 2 seconds.
Note: Use a pin or ballpoint pen to press the button. Make you do not hold the button for more than 3 seconds. If somehow, you continued holding the tab, you have to wait for another five minutes or turn off the printer. After that, turn on the printer and start from the beginning.
- Now, you will see the Toner LED is blinking, which means it is searching for a router or WLAN access point.
- After that, the Toner and Drum LED will be blinking together. It is an indication that the printer is connecting to the router.
- Wait until the Ready LED starts blinking. If the Ready LED turns on, this means your printer is successfully connected.
If the Ready LED is not blinking, this means the printer couldn’t connect to Wifi. In that case, you have to find out the error code so you can resolve the same. Now, let’s discuss how to fix it if the printer fails to connect.
If Brother HL-2270 Printer Fails to Connect?
While performing the steps mentioned above, if the Ready LED does not start blinking, it indicates a failed connection. In that case, you can print the WLAN report by following these steps.
- Turn off the machine and then turn it on. Press the “Go” button five times within four seconds. The WLAN report will get printed immediately after that.
- If it is showing “Connection: OK” but, still you can’t print anything, do this. Turn off both your printer and router, then wait for a while. Turn on both of them after some time.
- Run a network connection troubleshooter in your computer to fix any issues with the connection.
- After that, start following the steps mentioned above to configure the Brother printer and connect it to Wifi.
Reinstall Network Driver
To establish a successful connection, you have to install the network driver in order to use the Brother printer HL-2270DW. But, you have to log into the PC in Administrative mode.
The printer comes with a CD-ROM that contains the driver. In case, you don’t have the CD-ROM, download the driver from Brother’s official website.
Insert the installation CD-ROM in the drive and the installation screen will automatically show up. You will see the CD-ROM’s main menu, where there is an “Install Printer Driver” option. Tap on it and the User Account Control will prompt to confirm the installation. So, click on “Yes” or “Allow” and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
Repeat the same procedure as above and wait for the installation screen to appear on Mac. Now, click the “Start Here OSX” icon. Follow the on-screen guidelines until you finish the driver installation procedure.
We hope now you know how to connect the Brother HL-2270DW printer to WiFi. If you come across any connection issues while applying the steps, we have discussed a quick troubleshooting tip as well.