Brother Printer is one of the excellent scanning devices for its extensible features and outstanding printing quality. Moreover, this multi-functional unit helps to generate more than one hard copy within a short period of time. However, you need to perform the Brother scanner download and installation processes to avail thsi excellent service. Here, we are going to talk the technical ways to download the wireless printer and install it.
Download and Install Brother Printer Software
Before connecting the Brother printer to the WiFi router, you need to download and install the software correctly. Otherwise, a faulty driver causes the installation problem very often.
- First, go to the Brother Printer Official website and choose the version as per your device version. Otherwise, the device’s incompatibility issue can occur.
- After that, click on the Download button and wait until the download process is finished.
- Now, save that folder on the PC desktop and double-tap on it to open the folder contents.
- Then, tap the printer installer file and run it for your system and follow the on-screen instructions. It will take a couple of minutes to complete and once done, hit the Finish button.
- Finally, try to launch the software and connect the printer to the internet to whether the printer is working or not.
Connect to WiFi Network
Before connecting you might follow some of the instructions that will help to overcome the Network configuration issue:
- First, make sure that you are using the first WEP KEY (priority wise) because the Brother printer supports a single WEP KEY only.
- Next, check the Network SSID as well as the Network key whether they are correct or not. To verify the connection status, you can follow the steps below.
- Notice the side of the Wi-Fi router along with the documentation provided with the access point.
- Now, check the Network name which is set the manufacturer’s name by default.
- After that, check the security information from the Network setup window.
Verify the Network Security Information
- Connect your PC to the wireless router at first.
- Click on the WiFi icon from the and right-click on it.
- Now, choose the Open Network and Sharing Center from the pop-up menu.
- Select the option named Change the Adapter Settings from the left panel of the resultant window.
- Right-click on the Network Connections from the list of network connections and choose the Properties from the drop-down list.
- After that, click on the Network Wireless tab from the new window.
- Next, highlight your adapter device and manager the wireless adapter by placing a checkbox entitles with “Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings”.
- Right-click on the Preferred network and tap the Properties option to open the Network Properties window.
- Then, note down the details on Network Authentication and Data Encryption respectively. Not only that but also check the Network Key and you can modify it if necessary.
- Finally, hit the OK button to close the window.
Install Brother Printer Driver
- Once the CD-ROM is placed into the CD-ROM drive, then you can see the installation screen on display.
- Choose the printer model and the language from the same screen and tap on the Install Driver from the appeared CD-ROM menu.
- Next, click the Allow option or hit the OK button from the Account Control screen appears.
- After that, you can see the License Agreement window and click the YES button from the screen.
- Then, select the Wireless Network Connection from the resultant window and click the Next button.
- Choose the Brother Peer-to-Peer Network Printer option and click on the Next button to proceed the step.
- When the Firewall/Antivirus screen appears on the screen, then choose the Change the Firewall Port Settings to allow the network connection.
Configure Wireless Settings
- Connect the Brother printer to the power outlet and the PC.
- Now, turn on the Computer and put the CD-ROM into a specific drive. Remember that, the USB cable is connected to that device yet.
- Press the Settings from the printer control panel window and navigate the Up or Down arrow key to select the Network. Now, confirm the setup by tapping the OK button.
- Next, press the Up or Down arrow key to open the WLAN settings and hit the OK button.
- After that, launch the Setup Wizard window and press the OK button to confirm it.
- You can see that the message, “Enable WLAN?” and open the wireless setup wizard window by taping the OK button.
- Now, the machine will start to find out the available network and a list of available SSIDs. Choose the correct SSID from that list.
- Next, press the OK button and confirm that yiu have selected the correct SSID as per your device.
- Next, enter the Network Key and gain hit the OK button to confirm the key. Then, select the YES button and apply the new settings.
- Now, the machine will attempt to connect to the wireless device successfully. If the connection s successfully done, then the device will display the message “Your LCD is connected successfully to the network”.
Facing Problem with the Wireless Brother Printer? 3 Simple ways to Resolve it
Some of the technical glitches you can face at the time of wireless Brother printer setup as well as scanning:
- If the Brother printer is not set as default, then you can face the connection error and it shows as the unexpected error message, “Brother Printer is offline”. Therefore, you might follow the steps below to overcome the connection issue.
- Moreover, the sluggish network connection is one of the main reasons behind the Wireless scanner not working issue or Connect Brother Printer to WiFi
- Outdated driver causes the wireless printer problem very often at the time of scanning the papers.
Set Brother Printer as a Default Scanning Device
- Firstly, press the Windows key from the keyboard and launch the Start menu.
- After that, type “control’ in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Control Panel window.
- Now, choose the Printers and Devices from the list and expand the option by tapping the ‘+’ button.
- Verify whether the printer which you are using is set as Default or not. If not, then set it as the default scanning device.
- Close the Control Panel window and check whether the Brother printer is working or not.
Resolve the Network Connection issue
The Wi-Fi signal should be steady and quality should be excellent. If the signal drops on a frequent basis, then modify the Network Settings:
- Launch the Open the Networking and Sharing window by right-clicking on the Wi-Fi icon.
- Then, choose the Network connection under the option “Change the Adapter Settings”.
- Now, choose the Wireless Networking tab from the resultant window and click on the IPV4 and IPV6 checkbox by tapping on them respectively.
- After that, click on the Properties tab and set the DNS server address correctly.
- Next, click on the OK button to save the new settings.
- After that, click on the Apply button and the OK button to close the Network setup window.
- When done, then connect the device to the internet as well as connect the Broer printer to the device as well.
- Now, turn on the wireless network and provide some A4 papers into the input system tray to check whether the Brother printer is scanning or not.
Upgrade the Brother Scanner Driver
- Type “devicemngr” in the search box and launch the Device Manager window by tapping the OK button.
- Now, choose the Hardware and sound option from the list of the installed hardware.
- Next, expand the option and select the Brother Printer. Right-click on it and choose the option Update Driver from the pop-up menu.
- It will take a few minutes to complete the entire update process and try to reboot the device once done.
In the above article, we have described the effective steps on how to Connect Brother Printer to WiFi Router & Wireless Network Connection. Moreover, we have defined the possible issues during this setup along with the suitable solutions. So, we hope this content will be helpful to set up a hassle-free wireless printer and performing the scan operation efficiently.