Printers are an absolute necessity nowadays. You can find these in every other home and office around the world. And, it plays an important role wherever people might use it. So, they look for the best printers that they can get. That brings us to Brother printers which are absolutely some of the best printers that you can get. These have all the necessary qualities and features that a high-quality printer must have. If you happen to own the Brother HL-2270DW printer, and you want to find out how to connect Brother HL-2270DW printer to WiFi, then this is going to be the right article for you.
Here, you will find out the details about how you can go about connecting this Brother printer to Wifi. Something which you will totally be able to do by yourself and the instructions here will make it much easier. As a result, you will be able to get the best use out of this printer.
Why Find out How to Connect Brother HL-2270DW Printer to WiFi
You will be able to set up your Brother HL-2270DW printer for a proper connection to the WiFi. Without any help from experts, using the instructions that we have given here. There is no problem with that.
But this Brother HL-2270DW printer is a pretty complex piece of technology. So, if you want to avoid that, then you will have to know all the technicalities. Which in this case is the reason why you need to do this? That way, not only will you be able to understand the intricacies of this process. But you will also be able to carry out these instructions well.
That is what we have covered here in this section, so let us go ahead and take a look at these.
That is the first reason why you must find out how to connect Brother HL-2270DW printer to Wifi. But there are other reasons for this that are just as important if not more.
It is that if you want to use the control software of Brother printers. Then you will need to know how to connect Brother HL-2270DW printer to WiFi.
If you have access to the control software, then managing all of those will be that much easier. And to get that access, you will need to connect to the Wifi from your Brother printer.
So, now that you know why you need to find out how to connect Brother HL-2270DW printer to WiFi. And then, connect to it. It is time to get into the technicalities of the process for establishing the connection.
How to Connect Brother HL-2270DW Printer to WiFi: Step by Step Guide
In this section of the article, we will take a look at the complete set of steps you need. So that you can connect your printer to the WiFi and use all the features from there.
Follow these steps in order to properly make the connection –
- Place your Brother HL-2270DW printer within the range of your WiFi router network.
- Attach the printer to a power source with the power cord that comes along with it.
- Press the power switch of the printer to power it up. And then wait until the printer reaches the Ready state.
- Now on the network router that you are using look for the WPS button. And once you find it, press and hold down on it for a few seconds.
- You will find a small button at the back side of the Brother printer. Press and hold down on it for 2 seconds to start the wireless setup process. Be very careful not to hold it beyond 2 seconds as it will trigger a different function in that case.
- Now, the Brother HL-2270DW printer will start looking for WLAN signal points which work with Wifi Protected Setup systems. This is going to take about 2 minutes or so when you will find the Toner LED blinking.
- Once it finds the signal point, the printer will start connecting to that signal. And when that is happening, you will see that both the Toner LED and the Drum LED blinking.
- Now, you will have to wait till the Ready LED starts blinking. What that indicates is that the system has connected to the Wifi signal. And it will switch on in about 5 minutes or so.
This will complete the connection to the WiFi from the Brother HL-2270DW printer.
In case you see that there is still no connection available, then you will have to figure out which error code it is.
Now, to consolidate this all. What you will have to do is to download and install the printer driver. Here is how you can do that –
- Switch your computer ON log in with the proper Administrator rights. Shut down any of the active programs.
- In the CD-ROM drive, put in the installation CD and set it in.
- You will now come across the installation screen. Here you will have to select the model of your device and the language you prefer.
- Now, in the menu that comes from the CD-ROM, click on the Install Printer Driver option. Then, click on Yes to accept the license agreement.
From there onwards, you will get all the necessary instructions on the screen itself. Follow them to complete the process and thus you will be able to connect your Brother printer to WiFi.
So, this completes the how to connect Brother HL-2270DW printer to WiFi instructional.