Brother printer is an outstanding scanning device that is popular for its extensible feature and extraordinary functionalities. Moreover, it has the capability to generate multiple copies without compromising the output quality. Besides its incredible features, you can face the Brother printer offline issue. Therefore, you won’t be able to scan the copies without fixing this severe issue. However, we are going to talk about the steps to overcome the Brother Printer keeps going offline problem efficiently.
Significant Causes for “Brother Printer not Responding” Problem
Lots of reasons are responsible to create the Brother printer technical conflicts. Though those are the common issues, all the critical issues involved in this hassle damage the printer device without notifying.
- The connection between the printer and the PC creates the Brother printer offline issue.
- Wrong printer setup or installation error causes the Brother scanner won’t recognize the PC like an annoying issue.
- Spooler issue or dynamic IP sometimes fail to scan and shows the annoying message, “Brother Printer keeps going offline”.
- Outdated printer firmware is unable to recognize the device and shows different printer error codes.
Resolve the “Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline” Issue with Technical Ways
There are some of the technical ways to fix the Brother Printer keeps going offline issue permanently. Moreover, it helps to enhance the performance of that scanner and improve the print quality as well.
Check Printer and Connection Status
- Make sure that the Brother printer is turned on and check whether the cable used to connect the device to the printer is not defective.
- Now, verify the USB port is not damaged or not. If it is found, then repair it immediately to avoid the connection error.
- In the case of the wireless Brother printer, you might check whether the WiFi signal is steady or not. If it fluctuates then contact your ISP to fix it the network issue immediately.
Set the Brother Printer as Default Scanner
- Type “control” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Control Panel window on the display.
- Now, click on the Devices and Printers option and launch the Printers setup window by double-tapping on it.
- Here, you can see multiple hardware which is attached to your device and click on the Printers option.
- If you have installed multiple printers, then you can see them in a list format. Select the Brother printer from here and right-click on it.
- Now, click on the Set as default from the appeared menu on the screen. Now, close the active window and try to scan the hard copies.
Re-Install the Brother Scanner
- Type “devicemngr” in the search box and hit the Enter key to launch the Device Manager window.
- Here, you can see a list of installed hardware devices. Choose the Devices and Printers from that list and expand it.
- Now, choose the Brother device and right-click on it.
- Select the option Uninstall Device and you are asked to confirm it by showing a dialog box on the screen.
- Next, confirm the uninstallation process by tapping the YES button and when done, it will start to reboot automatically.
- After that, double-tap on the browser icon and open the browser window. Now, type the Brother Printer Official URL and hit the Enter key or tap the Search button.
- Then, download the latest version of the Brother printer Software and save it on the desktop.
- After that, run the Brother printer installer file and install it properly. Now, check whether the Brother printer offline issue persists or not.
Continue with Online Scanning Process
- Again, open the Devices and Printers from the Control Panel window.
- Now, right-click on your Brother Printer model and choose the option See what’s printing from the pop-up menu.
- After that, Click on Printer from the next window and choose the option Open as Administrator from the appeared menu items.
- Again, tap on the Printer option and verify whether the Pause Printing and Use Printer Offline is selected or not. If it is enabled, then remove the tick for that option and disable it.
- Close the window and check whether the Brother printer is back online or not.
Clear and Reset Spooler
- Type “services.msc” in the search box and hit the Enter key to open the Services window.
- Now, click on the Standard tab from the next window and choose the Print Spooler from the list of devices. Now, double-click on it and enable that service.
- Click the Stop button and select the OK button to confirm it.
- Now, enter “%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers”, select %WINDIR%\system32\spool\PRINTERS” in the search box and delete all the files in this folder.
- Close the window and again open the Services window. Then, double-tap on the Printer Spooler and click on the Start.
- Now, modify it as Automatic in the Startup Type box and choose the OK button to complete the setup.
- Finally, close the Brother printer setup window and restart the printer to check whether the Brother printer keeps going offline issue is resolved or not.
Verify IP Type and its Validity
- Again, choose the Brother printer device from the Device Manager window and right-click on the printer device.
- Now, choose the Printer Properties option from the pop-up menu and click on the Ports tab from the resultant window.
- Next, you might choose a static IP which you want to use for the Brother printer.
- Tap on the Configure Port after selecting the correct port and verify whether the port name & address are used correctly corresponding to your device.
- Then, remove the tick from the SNMP Enabled option to disable it.
- Finally, click on the Save changes and exit from the window by tapping the Close button. Now, check whether the Brother printer is working properly or not.
Note: You must avoid the WSD port and reduce the risk of the Brother printer issue.
Upgrade Brother Printer Firmware
- Open the Brother Printer Official website and type the Printer model name into the search box. Now, click on the Search button or hit the Enter button.
- After that, choose the Operating System version from the Downloads page and hit the Search button.
- Next, scroll down until you locate the printer firmware and select the Firmware Update Tool.
- Hit “Agree to the EULA and Download button” at the bottom of the screen and wait until the download process is done.
- Now, follow wizard screen instructions and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
In the above article, we have discussed the process of how to overcome the Brother printer keeps going offline issue. Moreover, we have defined the significant issues that are responsible for this annoying issue. So, we hope this content will be helpful to tackle the Brother printer problem technically and permanently.