The brother printer is one of the most versatile electronic gadgets especially known for its improved features and an ultra HD quality printouts. However, there might be numerous fallacy that stuck with the printer at a time. Among all, one such error is Brother Printer Driver is unavailable. A driver is a central component to operate a hardware device with your computer system. So, it seems quite frustrating when the printing requirement is mediocre and there you get such type of errors. Basically, this error occurs due to the incompatibility of the driver or the driver is out of date. However, the “driver is unavailable” issue is one such subjects that trim up when you heavily use the printer to execute massive printouts.
However, you can easily end up this issue by implementing some of the efficient procedures. In this content, we will discuss the prime causes for this issue and also the crown methods to terminate this issue as soon as possible.
What Causes the Brother Printer Driver is Unavailable Error?
If your computer doesn’t recognize the driver and displays an error message which says “Brother Printer Driver is unavailable”, then there might be several causes behind this error. A corrupted software driver is a prime suspect for this issue. Sometimes, after the Windows OS installation will crash a numerous driver and other software files that results in Brother printer driver unavailable.
At times, a wrong installation of the driver or an incomplete update of the file also causes this error. But, you can comfortably eliminate this issue by performing some of the steps that we will discuss in the next segment.
Effective Methods to Resolve Brother Printer Driver is Unavailable Issue
We figured out a few efficient methods to eliminate the Brother Printer Driver is unavailable issue as soon as possible. You can go through either one of these methods or all the solutions until you settle this issue.
Method 1: Uninstall the Printer Driver Completely
If you are using a corrupted version of the Printer Driver or if the driver is out of date, then you will surely face the driver unavailable error on your computer. Hence, you need to uninstall the outdated driver. Following are some of the steps below to do so.
- Turn on your computer and press Windows + R key at the same time to open Run command box.
- Now, type ‘Control’ in that box and press Enter to open the Control Panel.
- After the Control Panel opens, make sure the option is View By Large Icon and click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on that printer which is causing the problem and then select the Remove Device option from the list.
- Open the Run command box again by doing the same as mentioned above and type “devmgmt.msc” in the command box.
- Navigate to the Print Queues from the list and right-click on the printer to uninstall the device.
- Now, again open the Run command box and type “appwiz.cpl” and tap the Enter key to open the action.
- Right-click on all the printer application and select Uninstall the application. And then, disconnect your printer from your computer after performing these steps.
- Now, restart the computer and install the application driver CD that you get with your printer. Now, navigate back to the Control Panel and select the Set as a default Printer option and try printing again.
If this method works for you, then you don’t need to proceed for the next method. If the computer still not recognize the driver, try another method.
Method 2: Reinstall the Latest Driver Manually
If the computer is still unable to recognize the driver even after installing the application via installation CD, then this might be the CD is corrupted or there is something wrong with that CD. In that case, you need to install the latest driver manually from the web. Following are some of the steps below to do so.
- Uninstall all the printer drivers by implementing the above method and then open a web browser on your desktop.
- Now, navigate to the manufacturer’s website and then select Driver Download option from the left pane on the Window.
- After selecting that option, navigate to the Select Machine option from the top-left corner of the window.
- Once you tap on that option, the Windows will ask you to select your region. Select the region and then a list will appear with all the printer device.
- Select the exact device that you have and then select the Series from the list.
- Now, select the Model Name and Number of your device and then select the Full Driver and Software Package option.
- Tap on the download button next to the Full driver and software package option and save the “.exe” file in any drive.
- Once the download completes, double-click the file and select Extract and then click on Next and then select Run.
- Connect your printer with your computer after installing the file and try printing.
Method 3: Update the Windows Operating System Manually
If none of the above methods works, then you need to update the Windows version as fresh. Following are some of the steps to do so:
- At first, turn on your computer and press the Windows Start button on your keyboard to open the Control Panel.
- Select the System and Security option from the Control Panel and navigate to the Windows Update option from the page.
- Select Check for the Updated option and if there any update available for your computer. Then, the Windows will show you the latest version of the application file.
- Now, select the Install updates option at the right-bottom corner of the page.
- Select the Download Center link and select Download from the download page appears.
- Now, select Open to Install the file Automatically option and then select Save to complete the process.
After the download completes, install the software application manually and install the Printer Driver again and try printing.
We have explored all the top-notch methods to end up the driver unavailable error. Here, you can try all of these methods one by one until you have the problem fixed. Hope the above article was propitious enough to support you on how to repair the issue if the Brother printer driver is unavailable.
In case the issue still insists and your computer is unable to identify the driver, then there might be some other hardware issues or other internal glitches. In that case, better you drop your system to a professional hand or discuss with the service administrators. Lastly, we counsel you to drop feedback below in the comment segment to let us know about your experience.