The Brother MFC-j470dw printer is an all-in-one purpose printing device. It is popularly used for both office and home usage. With this, you will be able to easily scan, print and copy documents. Moreover, it helps to save costs by providing quality prints with less ink usage. Apart from that, you can use it wirelessly as well. Thus, you need to know the proper procedure for the brother MFC-j470dw wireless setup.
How to Setup Wireless Printer Brother MFC-j470dw
Here, we are going to provide some simple steps to set up this printer with a few easy steps. Thus, follow the instructions provided below very carefully.
Method 1: Setup using Windows Control Panel
The best way to install any printer or device is by using the Control Panel. Thus, follow these steps if you are Windows 7 or above on your computer.
- Go to the Start button. In the Start search box, write “Control Panel’ and hit the Enter button.
- Next, go to “Hardware and Sound” and select “Device and Printer” from the list of options.
- From there, go to “Add a printer” option and choose ‘Add a Network/Wireless printer’.
- Make sure that your printer is connected to the computer and its Wireless connectivity is turned on. Thereafter, choose your printer from the list and then click on “Next.”
- Finally, follow the instructions on your screen to complete the installation process.
Now, disconnect your printer from the computer by taking out the USB or LAN cable. Thereafter, print a test page to check if the device is working or not.
Method 2: Printer’s Control Panel
Another easy way to set up your Brother MFC-j470dw printer is by running the Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer’s control panel. Thus, follow the steps below to do so.
- First, turn on your printer and go to its Control Panel. Head over to its menu and use the arrow keys to navigate around.
- Next, find and select Network and then go to WLAN. Here, scroll and select the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- If prompted to ‘WLAN Enable?’, simply choose Yes to continue with the Setup process. Now, your printer will search for all available Wi-Fi networks around it.
- Thus, choose your router’s SSID and enter its password.
- Finally, save your settings by clicking on the Ok button. Check whether it is working or not by printing a test page.
To summarize, the above methods are the easiest way to set up a Brother MFC-j470dw over a wireless network. Thus, make sure that you have followed the above steps carefully. In case you were unable to do so on your own, then you need to get in touch with a professional expert.