Brother MFC-J43W enables the users to use its features in wireless mode when connected to the computer. If you are looking for instructions to do the Brother MFC J435W wireless setup, you are at the right place.
Configuring the Brother MFC-J435W on the wireless network is an easy procedure. But, you have to perform some tasks before proceeding with the setup. Here, we are going to deal with three methods for doing the setup. However, you can choose any of them as per your convenience.
Measures to be Taken Before Brother MFC J435W Wireless Setup
Have you already tried to set up the Brother MFC-J435W printer to connect to a wireless network? You may not be able to do the installation successfully if you do not take some factors into consideration.
The first and foremost thing is to collect the Network Name(SSID) and Key(Password). Besides, make sure all the printer components are installed in the proper order.
Connect the printer to the power source and turn it on. Make sure that you have placed the printer near to the router or the access point for better reception. To configure the printer while connecting to a wireless network, you have to reset the Network settings. For that, you can follow the steps below.
- Press the “Menu” button on the printer. Now, using the up and down arrow key, select “Network” and press the OK button.
- Choose the “Network Reset” using the up and down arrow key and then press OK.
- Tap 1 two times to select Yes.
After applying these prerequisites, hopefully, your printer will be ready for the wireless setup.
How to Setup Wireless Printer Brother MFC-J435W?
As mentioned above, you can follow any of these methods in order to configure the printer in the wireless mode. So, make sure you have a USB cable with you to perform the first method. But, if you don’t have it, you can start with the second and third methods.
Method 1: Wireless Setup Using a USB Cable and CD-ROM
Make sure you have the CD-ROM that comes with the printer’s package. You will also need the USB cable until you establish the wireless connection. However, before proceeding further, you have to install the printer driver on your computer.
Hence, put the CD-ROM into the disc drive and wait for some time until Windows detect it. Whenever the OS prompts, follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver. If you don’t have the CD-ROM, you can download the driver from Brother’s official website. After installation, launch the Brother screen and follow the steps mentioned below.
- Click on “Install MFL-Pro Suite” under the “Top Menu” on the Brother screen. Tap “Yes” when it prompts.
- Choose “Wireless Network Connection” and tap “Next”. Select “change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the installation. (Recommended)”. Hit the “Next” button.
- Thereafter, choose “Use your computer or control panel directly” and click Next. Select “Temporarily use a USB cable (Recommended)” and tap “Next”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you reach the “Available Wireless Networks” window. Select the particular network to which you want to connect the printer and press “Next”.
- Type the network key (password) and click “Next”.
Note: If you don’t find your network name in the list, you can click on the “Advanced” button. Thereafter, follow the on-screen instructions to add a network manually.
You can now disconnect the USB cable as hopefully, the Brother MFC-J435W wireless setup is complete.
Method 2: Configure Printer from Control Panel
Before applying this method, make sure you have the network name (SSID) and the network key (password) of the router or access point. So, let’s have a look at these steps.
- Press the Menu button on the printer. Then using the up and down arrow key, select “Network” and hit OK.
- Now, choose “Setup Wizard” and press OK. The printer will start searching for wireless networks.
- When the list of the available SSIDs will be displayed, select the one to which you want to connect the printer. After that, hit OK.
- Enter the network key(password) and press OK. Also, type 1 for confirming “Yes” to apply these settings. The printer will try to connect the network, which might take some time.
After your printer connects successfully, the control panel will show the connection status.
So, if your Brother MFC-J435W wireless setup is completed, check the signal strength of the router or access point. You can view this on the printer’s LCD screen.
Method 3: Use WPS or AOSS Mode
You can apply this method only if your router or access point has the WPS or AOSS button. Now, make sure that the printer is placed within the range of the router. Also, press the Menu button and navigate to Network > WPS/AOSS. Press OK after selecting each option.
The wireless setup wizard will then appear on the display. So, whenever the LCD shows Start WPS or AOSS, press the “WPS/ AOSS” button on the router. Press OK after that and your printer will connect to the wireless network within a few minutes.
You can view the connection status on the printer’s control panel and a WLAN report will be printed automatically.
We hope you have got all the necessary information regarding Brother MFC-J435W wireless setup after going through the above discussion.