If you have just purchased a Brother MFC J270W printer for your personal use or office purpose, first, you need to set up the device to make it work.
You can do this in two ways, using a USB and wirelessly. According to many users, it’s always better to set up the printer wirelessly. Hence, it is essential to have a proper idea to do Brother MFC J270W wireless Setup.
How to Setup Brother J270W with your Wireless Network?
Here, we have provided some simple steps through which you can set up the Brother J270W printer wirelessly. You can perform the steps as follows:
- First, unpack the printer and remove all the protective tapes. Afterward, load the paper properly into the paper tray.
- Now, connect the power cable and telephone line with the Brother printer. Next, install the ink cartridges and set the printing quality.
- Afterward, choose your preferred language by using the Up/Down arrow key. Next, select the correct ‘Receive Mode’.
- Now, set the contrast for the LCD of the device and set the ‘Date and Time’. After that, set the Station ID and check the fax transmission report.
- Thereafter, make sure the printer is having the tone dialing service. If you have Rotary or Pulse dialing service, then you need to change the dialing mode.
- Afterward, check the compatibility settings if you are connecting the printer to a VoIP service.
After completing the above steps, you have to configure the wireless settings.
How to Configure the Wireless Settings?
Before you begin, check the broadcast network settings of the wireless router. Note down the Network Name and Network Key from the side or base of the router.
Note: If you don’t find the Network Name and Network Key on the base or side of the router, then you can find them at the document that comes with the wireless router.
Afterward, you can perform the steps given below:
Press the Menu button from the Control Panel of the printer. Choose the ‘Network’ option by using the Up/Down arrow key and press OK.
Next, select the ‘Select Wizard’ and press the OK button. Afterward, you will see the ‘Enable WLAN?’ status at the display of the device. Accept it by pressing the OK button. It will start the broadcast setup wizard.
Now, it will start to search for the available SSIDs. After a few seconds, it will show a list of all the available SSIDs. Choose the Network Name that you have noted previously by using the Up/Down key. Press the OK button to continue.
If you want to use the Encryption or Authentication method, it requires the Network Key. Hence, go to Step 3. But, if the Authentication method is ‘Open System’ and the Encryption mode is ‘None’, then go to Step 4.
Enter the Password or Network key that you wrote down earlier. After entering all the characters properly, press the OK button.
Now, the Brother MFC j270W printer will try to connect with the broadcast network. However, it will take a few minutes to connect to the broadcast network.
If you have followed the steps correctly, the wireless setup for the Brother MFC j270W printer is now complete.
What to do if the Computer not Recognizing the Wireless Printer?
If your computer is not recognizing the Brother MFC j270W printer, you can perform the steps provided below:
- First, press the Q and Win key simultaneously from the keyboard and type “printer” in the input field.
- Navigate to the ‘Printer & Scanners’ category. Thereafter, click on the ‘Add a printer or scanner’ option.
- Afterward, tap on the ‘The printer that I want is not listed’ option.
- Next, click on the ‘Add a Bluetooth, wireless, or network discoverable printer’ option from the next page.