After purchasing a new Brother MFC-7840w printer, you have to set it up with the computer to perform your printing tasks.
You can do this using a USB cable or wirelessly. According to some Brother printer users, they are facing trouble while trying to connect the Brother MFC-7840w printer wirelessly.
So, it is essential for users to know the proper procedure for brother MFC-7840w wireless setup.
How to Setup Brother MFC-7840w on a Wireless Network?
Here we have provided complete guidance in a step by step manner to set up the Brother MFC-7840w printer properly.
Setup the Printer
First, you have to set up the printer properly. You can do this by performing the steps as follows:
In the beginning, install the drum unit and toner cartridge of the printer. To do this, open the front cover of the device. Unpack the drum unit and toner cartridge.
Now, distribute the ink toner inside the assembly by rocking it from side to side. Afterward, put the toner cartridge and drum unit into the device and close the front cover.
Next, you have to load papers into the paper tray. Then, connect the Power wire and phone line with the device.
Now, you will get the option to choose your preferred language. Afterward, you need to set the LCD contrast of the LCD. Next, set the date and time and proceed to the next steps.
Now, you have to set the Station ID. To do this, press the Menu button from the Control Panel of the printer. Afterward, press the 0 and 3 buttons and then enter the Fax number. Press the Ok button.
Enter your contact number and then type your name using the dial pad. Press the OK button once again. Lastly, press the Exit or Stop button.
After that, choose the correct receive mode and then set the Dial Prefix Settings.
Install the Printer Driver
After setting up the machine, you have to install the printer driver. Before that, note down the broadcast network settings of the wireless router. Check the Network Name or Service Set ID (SSID), Encryption (AES or TKIP), LEAP password, WPA-PSK Password, and LEAP Password.
Afterward, you can perform as follows:
- First and foremost, plug the AC power cable into the power supply and turn on the power switch.
- Then, press the Menu button from the Control Panel of the printer. Choose the OK option from the display of the printer.
- Now, the device will start to search for the available network and will show you a list of the available SSIDs.
- Select your preferred network by using the Up or Down keys. Next, choose the ‘New SSID’ option and press the Ok button once again.
- Enter the SSID of your router and press the OK button. Afterward, choose the Infrastructure option and press OK.
- Now, choose the particular option depending on your preferences.
Note: Here you will get 5 options. They are:
- No Authentication or Encryption: Select the ‘Open System’ option and then press the OK button. Select ‘None’ for ‘Encryption Type’ and press OK. Next, press 1 to apply the changes. Afterward, go to step 11.
- No Authentication or Encryption: Select the ‘Open System’ option and press the OK button. Choose ‘WEP’ for the ‘Encryption Type’ option and press the OK button once again. Next, go to step 7.
- Authentication with WEP Encryption: Select the ‘Shared Key’ option and press OK. Next, go to step 7.
- Authentication with WPA-PSK (TKIP or AES Encryption): Select the ‘WPA/WPA2-PSK’ option and then press the OK button. Next, go to step 8.
- Authentication with LEAP: Select the ‘LEAP’ option and press OK. Next, go to step 9.
- Select the appropriate key number and then type the WEP key that you have noted down previously.
- Now, select the ‘AES’ or ‘TKIP’ option as ‘Encryption Type and press the OK button.
- Enter the WPA-PSK password that you have noted down.
- Type the Username and password and then press the OK button.
- Now, the device will try to connect the Wi-Fi network.