The Brother MFC 440CN has a lot of unique features to offer. It has an inkjet color technology to print, scan and copy documents easily. You can also print from a memory card as it has a memory card slot. Therefore, you can print even without a computer. Furthermore, it has a wireless connection function which allows it to be used without a wired connection. Hence, you can find out how to carry out a Brother MFC 440CN wireless setup in the given section below.
Easy Steps for Brother MFC 440CN Wireless Setup
Now, let us show you how you can carry out the Brother MFC 440CN wireless setup. Here, we have explained the methods to be followed in great detail. Therefore, check out these instructions properly and execute them carefully.
Setup Printer Driver Software
Generally, all printers come with their own printer driver software in the form of a CD. However, you should download it from Brother’s official website as you will get the latest version of the software. Thereafter, follow the steps below to install it in your system.
- Run the Setup file for the printer driver software and choose your model from the available options.
- Next, choose the ‘Wireless Connection’ option and follow the instructions as displayed on the screen.
- Thereafter, connect your printer to the computer using a USB or LAN cable and select the appropriate option in the setup menu.
- Then, follow the rest of the instructions until it starts scanning for available networks to connect. Thus, select your router’s SSID from the list and connect to it by entering its password.
- Finally, complete the setup process by clicking the Finish button.
Now, you should take a look at the printer and see if the Wi-Fi light is blinking or not. Once it starts glowing solid, it indicates that the wireless Setup was successful.
The WPS Method
Another way to set up Brother MFC 440CN Wirelessly is by using the WPS Method. However, this method comes in handy only when the router has a WPS button. Thereafter, follow the steps below to carry out this method of wireless setup.
- Find out what range, in terms of the area your network router covers from the instruction manual. Place your printer anywhere within that range to carry out the setup with WPS.
- Plug your printer into a source of power and power on the printer from there.
- Now look for the WPS button on your router and press it to start the WPS setup. At the same exact time, press the Wifi connection button that is there on your printer.
- You will have to press down on both of these buttons for a period of 5 seconds.
- Check to see if the Wifi indicator LED that is there on your printer is blinking or not.
If you see the LED blinking, then that indicates that the connection was successful on your printer. Thus you have completed the wireless setup process for your Brother MFC 440CN printer.
In summary, you will be able to perform a successful Brother MFC 440CN wireless setup by following the instructions provided above. Hence, make sure that you followed all the steps in the order they were given. In case you have doubts or you were unable to set up your wireless printer, then you may need to get in touch with Technical support.