Brother MFC 225CW is one of the most purchased wireless printers. It is an all-in-one printer that has some unique features. Furthermore, it comes with a memory card slot so that you can print out photos without using a computer. With this printer, you can scan, copy, print and fax documents efficiently. You can also use the printer wirelessly. If you have recently bought this printer, then you need to know how to setup Brother MFC 225CW on a wireless network.
How to Setup a Brother MFC 225CW Wireless Printer
Here, we are going to discuss how to set up the printer by configuring the wireless settings of the printer. Thereafter, we will go on to install the printer driver software in your computer system.
Method 1: Configure Wireless Settings
Before following this method, you need to note down the Router’s network name (SSID) and its password. Thus, follow the instructions as given in the below section.
- Go to your printer and tap on the “Menu” button near the LCD display. Now, press the “5” number key to choose the “Network” option.
- For “WLAN”, press the “2” number key. Now, the “WLAN Enable?” message will pop up on the screen.
- Press the “1” number key to accept the message. Now, you have to launch the Wireless Setup wizard.
- Now, the printer will start to look for all available SSIDs. Thereafter, use the scroll up and down keys to select your SSID from the list and press the Ok button.
- Now, put the Password using the dial pads to select the numbers and letters. Use the left and right arrow keys to choose the letter and numbers.
- For example, you need to tap on the number “2” once if you want to write the letter “a”. Press the number key 3 four times to put the number 3.
- Then, tap on the “OK” button after entering the password and press the number key “1” for “Yes” to apply the changes that you have made.
- The printer will now try to establish a connection with the wireless network using the information that you have given.
- The “Connected” message will pop-up on the screen if you successfully connect the printer and the network.
If you have done all the steps correctly, you will be able to see a Connected successfully pop-up. Thereafter, go to the next step for configuring the same on your computer device.
Method 2: Install the Printer Driver and Software
If you are done with the wireless setup, you need to now install the drivers and software. Make sure that there are no external devices connected to your computer. If they are, simply remove them.
Also, disable all firewalls and other related software. Thereafter, follow the steps given below.
- Insert the CD-ROM that came with the printer into the CD-ROM drive. If you have misplaced it, you can also download the printer driver software from Brother’s official website. Do not forget to select your model as different models have different printer drivers.
- Now, run the installer and select your printer from the options. Tap on the “Install MFL-Pro Suite” option. Click on “Yes” on the License Agreements in the “Installation Page.”
- Now, select the “Wireless Network Connection” and then tap on the “Next” button.
- Go to the “Wireless settings checked and confirmed” box and make sure it is checked. Tap on the “Next” button.
- Now, the installation of the Brother drivers will automatically start after hitting the “Next” option. You will see the installation screen will appear one after another in the LCD Screen of the Computer.
Method 3: Finish and Restart
After completing the configuration process, you need to now do the following steps to finish the installation process in Windows.
- Tap on the “Finish” button. This will restart the device. After restarting the device, check if you have logged in with administrative rights.
- Now, “check for the Firmware Updates” page will appear on the screen. Select the “firmware update settings” option and then tap on the “OK” button.
After following the above steps you will be able to complete the installation process. Now, you have successfully installed the drivers on the device. Try to take a print out and check if you are able to use your printer wirelessly or not.
By now, you should be able to set up your Brother MFC 225CW by following the instructions as provided. In case you are facing any issues, then you need to consult a professional technician to help you out with the installation process. They will either guide you through the entire process or do it for you.