Brother HL-5370DW is a monochrome laser printer, which you can connect to a WiFi network to print wirelessly. Here, we will discuss the entire procedure for Brother HL-5370DW wireless setup.
So, let’s elaborate on those steps in detail to configure your Brother printer and connect it to a Wifi.
How to Setup Wireless Printer Brother HL-5370DW?
To work with Brother HL-5370DW, you should know how to set up a wireless printer in both Windows and Macintosh OS. The first and foremost thing you need is a stable Internet connection or WiFi.
Now, we will look upon the steps, which will help you to set up your printer wirelessly.
Driver Installation for Wireless Network
Here, we will elaborate on installing the necessary drivers to establish a wireless network from the printer in Windows and Macintosh OS. The steps are as follows.
- Make sure your PC is turned on and you have logged in as the Administrator. If any other programs are still running, close them one by one.
- Now insert the driver CD\DVD into the disc drive, which you received at the time of buying the printing device. The installation screen will appear automatically.
- Click on the “Install Printer Driver” option and accept the “License and Agreement”. After that follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
The above points are for the people who use Windows. In the Macintosh OS, click on “Start Here OSX” and the remaining procedures are exactly the same as Windows.
Configure Wireless Settings
This section will discuss the configuration process for your Brother HL-5370DW printer. So, make sure that you perform all the steps carefully.
- Place your printer within the coverage of the WiFi router and power it on. After switching on the printer, wait for some time until it gets into its ready state.
- Press and hold the WPS or AOSS™ button on your wireless LAN router for a few seconds. Inspect your printer and locate the wireless setup button on its backside.
- So, keep pressing and holding the button for exact 2 seconds and release it. The computer will search for a WLAN Access Point for 2 minutes. During the process, the Toner and Drum LEDs will blink on its own.
- Wait until the Ready LED is turned on. This will indicate that the printer is successfully connected to a wireless network.
Hopefully, the configuration for your Brother HL-5370DW printer is now completed. However, apart from the wireless network, you can also connect the printer with a wired (USB or LAN) connection.
What if your Brother printer fails to connect to the wireless network. Here are simple steps to resolve it.
- Verify that you have plugged in the power cord correctly and the status LED is glowing correctly. If not, then unplug and replug the power adapter once again.
- Make sure that all the LED lamps are glowing properly. If any of the LEDs exhibit an error, troubleshoot it as soon as possible.
- Test the connection between the printer and wireless router by printing a test page. Also, check the wired Ethernet cable for any malfunctions. If you find the device is not connected to the network through any of these media, troubleshoot the connectivity error quickly.
Apart from these steps, you can download any secured third party software to solve the issue.
Setup Brother Printer to Wireless Network
Now, the steps to set up the printer on a wireless network are as follows.
- Connect one end of the power cable to the printer and another end to the electric socket. Switch on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Press the “Menu” button on the printer’s “Control Panel”. Tap the “Up” or “Down” arrow to select the “Network” settings and press the “OK” button.
- Again, tap on the “Up” or “Down” arrow and select the “WLAN” option. However, keep in mind that this point doesn’t work on all Brother printers.
- Press the “Up” or “Down” arrow to select the “Setup Wizard” feature. Highlight and enable the WLAN feature by tapping on “Yes”. Now, the printer will search for your wireless network and show it on its display. So, select your network and then press “OK”.
- After that, enter your login password and tap on “Yes” to apply the settings. Wait for some time while the printer connects to the network. If the connection is successful, you will able to see a message “Connected”.
We hope that the Brother HL-5370DW wireless setup is now complete after following these instructions. If the connection fails somehow, generate a printed report to detect the problem and troubleshoot it.