After purchasing a new Brother HL-3070CW printer, you need to set up the device to make use of its exclusive features. Hence, it is essential that you know how to set up the Brother HL-3070CW printer.
How to Setup Wireless Brother HL-3070CW Printer?
Here we are going to discuss the procedure to set up the Brother HL-3070CW printer easily.
Before going to configure the broadcast settings, you need to get hold of the broadcast network settings of your wireless router. Check the Network Key (Encryption Key, Security Key, Password) and Network Name (ESSID, SSID) from the side or base of your router.
If you are unable to locate the Network Key and Network Name at the base or side of the router, then you can check the documents that came with your wireless router. In most cases, the Network Name is the model name or manufacturer’s name.
How to Configure the Wireless Settings?
Now, you can configure the wireless settings by performing as follows:
- First and foremost, attach the AC power cable to the Brother printer. Connect it with the power supply and turn the device On. Afterward, turn the computer On.
- Insert the CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive. The installation window will appear automatically.
- Select the model name from the list of printers. Afterward, choose your preferred language.
Note: But if the installation screen doesn’t appear, then open the File Explorer and navigate to the ‘This PC’ section. Next, open the DVD/ CD drive and click twice on the ‘start.exe’ file to open the installation window.
- Now, the CD-ROM main menu will open. Tap on the ‘Install printer Driver’ from the list.
- Next, click on the ‘Wireless Network Users’ option from the next screen. Tap on the ‘Yes’ or ‘Allow’ button from the ‘User Account Control’ window.
- Once it opens the ‘Windows Installation Type’ window, tick the box that prompts ‘Wireless Setup and Driver Install (Recommended).’
After performing the above steps, there are two options you can try. They are:
If you see that the ‘Temporary use a USB cable (Recommended)’ message appears on the next screen, select it and tap on the Next button to proceed further. Afterward, perform the steps mentioned below:
First, you have to make sure that you have the broadcast security information. Then, check the box that prompts ‘Checked and Confirmed’ and click on the Next button to continue. Now, connect a USB cable with the computer and the Brother printer.
Afterward, the broadcast settings will be detected by itself. Now, if you see the ‘Installation Confirmation’ screen appearing, confirm the information that is displayed and tick the ‘Checked and Confirmed’ box. Tap on the Next button.
Now, the Network Name will be displayed. Click on Yes and then the Next button to continue. Next, go to Step 6.
But, if you see that the ‘Available Wireless Networks’ screen appears, then here you will see a list of all the available wireless networks. Select the Network Name that you have noted down earlier and click Next. Afterward, go to Step 4.
If the Network Name is not in the list of available networks, go to Step 3.
If the SSID or ESSID name is not on the list, then you have to confirm the following points:
- If the router is router is turned off, turn it On.
- If your printer is placed too far from the router, or if there is any obstruction, then place the printer as close to the router as possible with minimum obstruction.
- The Brother HL-3070cw printer supports the IEEE 802.11g and IEEE802.11g network. Hence, you need to make sure that the router supports the IEEE 802.11g and the IEEE802.11g network and one of the networks is enabled.
If the ATTENTION page appears, then you need to configure the security settings of your router to prevent unauthorized access to the network.
If you want to configure the security settings of the router later, tap on the Cancel button to close the Wizard. If you want to configure it now, tap on the OK button and go to Step 6.
Provide the Network Key that you have noted previously and tap on the Next button to continue.
Now, you have to make sure that the settings are correct. Afterward, tap on the Next button. It will send the settings to the printer.
- If you want to change the IP address, tap on the ‘Change IP address’ option. Then, set the new IP address manually.
- If you tap on the Cancel button, the settings will the disabled.
Once the ‘Disconnect Your Device and Your Computer’ screen appears, you can detach the USB cable from both the devices. Afterward, you will receive a confirmation message.
Now, install the driver for the network connection to complete this procedure.
If you see the ‘Step by Step install (Recommended)’ message appears on the next screen, click on it and tap on the Next button to continue. Afterward, you can follow the steps given below:
Select the ‘With cable (Recommended)’ option from the next screen and then tap on the Next button to proceed further. Connect the printer to the access point using a network cable. Click on the Next button to proceed further.
Select the printer that you want to configure and tap on the Next button. If you see that the list is blank, you can check if the printer and the access point are powered On. Afterward, tap on the Refresh button to continue.
Now, the wizard will start searching for the available wireless networks. Select the access point that you want to connect with the printer. Tap on the Next button.
If the ATTENTION window appears, then configure the security settings of the router to prevent unauthorized access to the network.
If you wish to configure the security settings of the router, tap on the Cancel button. Else, click on the OK button and go to step 6.
If the network is configured for Encryption and Authentication, the ‘Authentication Method and Encryption Mode’ window will open. While configuring the printer, you need to match the Encryption and Authentication settings that you have noted down earlier.
Select the Encryption Method and Authentication Method from the drop-down box. Then type the Network Key and tap on the Next button to continue.
Now, insert some papers into the paper tray of the printer. Confirm that the settings are correct and tap on the Next button. Now, the printer will print the network configuration page.
- If you want to change the IP address, click on the ‘Change IP Address’ option to do that.
- If you click on the Cancel button, the settings will be disabled.
Select the ‘Link Ok’ status from the ‘Wireless Link Status’ section and click on the Next button. Now, you can disconnect the network cable from both the devices.
Once you get the confirmation message, install the driver for the network connection and complete the installation process by following the on-screen guidance.
Congratulations! If you have followed the steps accurately, you have successfully set up the Brother HL-3070CW printer wirelessly.